The first of a new 3-volume set on the Panther tank from Waldemar Trojca. The first volume, Panther: Bergepanther D, from Trojca’s Technical and Operational History series, will be a monster (896 pages). We expect to receive it around the end of this year. It will be followed by a volume on the Ausf. A, and then by the final volume on the Ausf. G. When completed, this 3-volume set will be the definitive work on the Panther tank.
Here are the specifics:
- Hard cover. English/German text. Large format.
- 896 pages, of which 48 pages are in colour.
- Over 900 photographs. 160 pages of technical drawings.
- Complete history of the development of the Panther tank.
- Description of the Panther Ausf. D.
- First part technical description of the Panther (chosen elements).
- Full description of Pz.Bef.Wg. Panther Ausf. A, D, and G.
- One section on infra-red equipment.
- Full description of the Bergepanther Ausf. D.
- Combat history of the Panther Ausf. D in 1943:
- Pz.Abt. 51 and Pz.Abt. 52 at Kursk
- 2. SS-Pz.Div. Das Reich
- Pz.Rgt. 23 from 23 Pz.Div.
- LSSAH in 1943